Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani, left, is seen standing besides former FBI director Louis Freeh during a rally in Wilmington, Del., Thursday, June 14, 2007.
Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani, in an indirect swipe at President Bush, said Thursday the overwhelming attitude that the U.S. is headed in the wrong direction reflects a lack of leadership.
The nation’s bleak mood was evident in the most recent Associated Press-Ipsos poll in which only 21 percent said they believe things in the U.S. are heading in the right direction, the worst mark since the AP-Ipsos poll began in December 2003.
Speaking at a Flag Day rally in Wilmington, Del., Giuliani told more than 200 supporters: “What we’re lacking is strong, aggressive, bold leadership like we had with Ronald Reagan.”
The same AP-Ipsos poll found public approval with the job Bush is doing at 32 percent, matching an all-time low.
Rudy is RIGHT.
Is this a swipe at President Bush?
You betcha – as Rudy distances himself from the President and his style/lack of leadership which is sinking the GOP.
Hizzoner has outlined his 12 Commitments to the American People:
1. I will keep America on offense in the Terroristsâ€™ War on Us.
2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.
3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.
4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.
5. I will impose accountability on Washington.
6. I will lead America towards energy independence.
7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.
8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.
9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.
10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
12. I will expand Americaâ€™s involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.
Bold, strong, direct leadership is what you get with a President Giuliani.
Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani greets supporters at a rally in Wilmington, Del., Thursday, June 14, 2007.
Technorati Tags: Rudy Giuliani