California Attorney General Jerry Brown: ON RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR “The thought has certainly crossed my mind, but I haven’t really come to any conclusion….I’ve decided I’m not going to think about it in any serious way certainly for the next year.”
And then for President.
Veteran GOP strategist Ken Khachigian, who said he has studied Brown “like Patton studied Rommel,” predicted that another Brown governorship would mean one thing — another Brown run for president.
“If he ran for governor in 2010 and won, he’d start running for president in 2011,” said Khachigian, who managed the losing campaign of Brown’s opponent, former Republican state Sen. Chuck Poochigian, in last November’s attorney general’s race. “With the governorship, he’s been there and done that. The governorship would be too small for him.”
Providing Jerry’s health and vigor hold up (Brown is 69) you can bet the ranch he is running and may very well be the next California Governor.
Hell, the Eagles are coming out with a new album (their first since 1979) why not another Brown Administration?
Will Gray Davis come back as Chief of Staff to Governor MOONBEAM?
By the way, here are the other probable candidates in case Jerry decides NOT to run:
- Steve Westly – former California Controller who lost to Phil Angelides last year in the Democrat primary for Governor.
- Phil Angelides – former California Treasuerer and Democrat Party Chairman who lost to Arnold Schwarzengger last year in the general election.
- Gavin Newsom – current Mayor of San Francisco who admits to sleeping with his campaign managerâ€™s wife and carrying on a sordid affair.
- Antonio Villaraigosa – current Mayor of Los Angeles who admits to an affair with Mirthala Salinas, a Telemundo political reporter and who is in the middle of a divorce.
- John Garramendi – current Lt. Governor of California who many Democrat activists describe as yesterdayâ€™s news.
- Jack Oâ€™Connell – current California Superintendent of Public Instruction who has limited statewide name recognition.
- Bill Lockyer – current California Treasurer and former California Attorney General who flirted with the race against the Governator last year but was scared out by Angelides and Westly or was it Arnoldâ€™s poll numbers?.
Technorati Tags: Jack Oâ€™Connell, Jerry Brown, Steve Westly, Phil Angelides, Gavin Newsom, Antonio Villaraigosa, John GarramendiBill Lockyer