Gallup Daily tracking of the race for the GOP nomination began Dec. 1, and will be reported each day at 1 p.m. Eastern on the basis of a five-day rolling average of at least 1,000 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who are registered to vote. The current results are based on 1,277 Republican registered voters nationwide interviewed Dec. 1-5.
- Gingrich Does Better Among Conservative Republicans and Tea Party Supporters
- Gingrich is the leader among Midwestern Republicans and currently has a commanding lead among Republicans in the South
- Romney is competitive with Gingrich among Republican voters in the East and West
- Gingrich does better among men than among women
- Gingrich’s support is much higher among older Republicans, at 46% among those 55 and older
So, what does this mean?
Gingrich is the comeback kid and he leads in a two person race with Mitt Romney going into the Iowa Caucuses.