Dec 06 2011
According to the latest and inaugural Gallup Daily Presidential tracking poll.
Gallup Daily tracking of the race for the GOP nomination began Dec. 1, and will be reported each day at 1 p.m. Eastern on the basis of a five-day rolling average of at least 1,000 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who are registered to vote. The current results are based on 1,277 Republican registered voters nationwide interviewed Dec. 1-5.
- Gingrich Does Better Among Conservative Republicans and Tea Party Supporters
- Gingrich is the leader among Midwestern Republicans and currently has a commanding lead among Republicans in the South
- Romney is competitive with Gingrich among Republican voters in the East and West
- Gingrich does better among men than among women
- Gingrich’s support is much higher among older Republicans, at 46% among those 55 and older
So, what does this mean?
Gingrich is the comeback kid and he leads in a two person race with Mitt Romney going into the Iowa Caucuses.Tags: Polling, President 2012