Archive for the “Brett Kimberlin” Category
Day By Day by Chris Muir
Chris, you better watch out about writing the truth about Brett Kimberling.
Some “retired” judge from Maryland might actually think you are threatening the moron’s life by having his name show up in a Google Alert!
I mean, how stupid is this?
With all of the attention surrounding Brett Kimberlin, I attended Tuesday’s hearing in his “peace order” vs. Aaron Walker in the District Court of Maryland for Montgomery County. In the end, the judge granted Kimberlin’s peace order, and Walker ended up leaving in handcuffs. (If you want to know why Kimberlin is a story, go here.)
This was the second peace order that Kimberlin has filed against Walker, demanding that Walker cease any contact with Kimberlin. In it, Kimberlin claims that Walker has “continually harassed” him with “alarming posts, tweets, alerts that arrive in my email box, which I consider threats to me personally and to my business.” Kimberlin came to court with pages upon pages of threatening emails and tweets that he claimed had resulted from Walker’s blog posts about him. None of them, though, were sent by Walker.
While talking with Kimberlin and his associate Neal Rauhauser, a woman who was a victim’s assistant for Kimberlin came out of the courtroom and said that Walker had been led away in handcuffs.
Here’s what seems to have happened. Although Kimberlin’s first peace order against Walker was eventually thrown out on appeal, it appears that while it was in effect Walker wrote a blog post about Kimberlin. This triggered a Google Alert that Kimberlin had set up. Kimberlin filed criminal charges based on that, apparently claiming that constituted “contact.” The court apparently agreed, and Walker was arrested.
As for why the judge ruled in favor of Kimberlin’s peace order, that’s easier to explain. First, Walker was clearly stressed and high-strung in court, and alienated Judge C.J. Vaughey. He repeatedly interrupted Vaughey, and by the end of the roughly 45-minute hearing Vaughey was clearly annoyed.
Judge Vaughey had best set out for the golf course and let a judge who knows about modern life and the internet issue rulings from the bench.
1 Comment »
Day By Day by Chris Muir
The latest abut Brett Kimberlin is here.
In the fall of 1988, when convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin was still locked up in federal prison and claiming to have sold dope to GOP vice presidential candidate Dan Quayle, every political reporter in the country wanted to write about Kimberlin. In his 1996 book, Mark Singer recounts how National Public Radio reporter Nina Totenberg spoke to Kimberlin two or three times every day in late October and early November 1988.
So why, 24 years later, are Nina Totenberg and the rest of the elite media ignoring what their old friend’s been up to lately? Tom Blumer of Newsbusters asks, “Where Is the Establishment Press?”
More sunshine is the best disinfectant.
Comments Off on Day By Day May 29, 2012 – I Fought the Ma
Posted by Flap in Brett Kimberlin, Pinboard Links, tags: #catcot, #tcot, Brett Kimberlin, BrettKimberlin, California, despicable, Kimberlin, Pinboard Links, Social_Media, The Afternoon Flap
Brett Kimberlin, Director Justice Through Music
Here is my contribution to Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day!
These are my links for May 24th through May 25th:
A Breitbart News investigation has revealed that many of the funders of the Justice Through Music Project (JTMP), a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization of which convicted “Speedway bomber” Brett Kimberlin is a director, do not know about his criminal past. Those foundations and funds listed as donors that responded to request for comment also indicated that they had not been contacted by media other than Breitbart News.
- CA Senate passes bill protecting social media passwords– A bill that would prohibit public and private postsecondary schools or employers from asking students to provide a user name and password for personal social media accounts passed in the California State Senate today.”The reality is that in a social media account there is a lot of private information,” said Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Fransisco, the author of the bill. Yee added that there is information such as religion on social media accounts that “is protected by state and federal law.”The bill was opposed by Sen. Ted Gaines, R-Rocklin, who said he was concerned that the bill would hinder employers from intervening to prevent the escalation of workplace harassment. “I want to make sure we are protecting people’s privacy,” Gaines said. “I have a concern with being able to address early harassment issues.”The bill passed 28-5 and now heads to the Assembly.
- Interviewing Robert Stacy McCain About Brett Kimberlin
Robert Stacy McCain, who blogs at RWN on occasion, has become a story himself this week. After reporting on “Speedway Bomber” Brett Kimberlin, Stacy announced to the world that Kimberlin had been in touch with his wife’s employer and that he had moved his family out of their house as a result. Quite naturally, this caught people’s attention — and that was before this article from Patterico came out today credibly alleging that Kimberlin and his allies had engaged in harassment that included having a SWAT team called to his house. So, I got in touch with Stacy on Wednesday night, set up an impromptu interview, and what follows is the transcript of our roughly 30 minute long conversation, which was edited down for brevity’s sake.
Brett Kimberlin: Meet the Soros-Funded Domestic Who Is Terrorizing Bloggers Into Silence
- Drug dealer, alleged child molester, and convicted perjurer, forger and Indiana Speedway Bomber (who is also believed to have played a role in the assassination of a grandmother), Brett Kimberlin, spent 17 years in prison before his ultimate re-absorption into American society
- He started a non-profit dubbed “Justice Through Music (JTM)” that has, since at least 2005, been funded by George Soros’ Tides Foundation and Barbara Streisand among other leftists
- Along with his associate, Kimberlin also started an organization called “Velvet Revolution” that supports the Occupy movement
- JTM’s goal is to use music to foster “social justice” and fight Republican “voter fraud” (like the kind George Bush allegedly used to “steal” the Florida election)
- Any blogger — conservative and liberal alike — who has written the truth about Kimberlin has come under vicious attack by either Kimberlin or his minions, suffering death threats (veiled and unveiled), multiple lawsuits, loss of jobs and worse
- He has filed over 100 frivolous lawsuits against anything that isn’t nailed down and somehow is being allowed to continue unchecked
- This story has never been reported on in the mainstream media
- Convicted Bomber Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, Ron Brynaert, and Their Campaign of Political Terrorism– You’re about to listen to one of the most bone-chilling pieces of audio you will ever hear. At least, it was to me when I first heard it.It’s a phone call that could have gotten me killed.In this post you will hear that audio clip. You will also read about a months-long campaign of harassment carried out by at least three individuals: Ron Brynaert, Neal Rauhauser, and Brett Kimberlin — much of it directed at critics of Brett Kimberlin. This harassment includes repeated references to critics’ family members, workplace complaints, publication of personal information such as home addresses and pictures of residences, bogus allegations of criminal activity, whisper campaigns, frivolous legal actions, and frivolous State Bar complaints.And finally, you will hear a comparison of one of those men’s voices to that of the man who made the call that sent police to my home. And you’ll read a declaration from a forensic audio expert comparing those two voices.
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » Day By Day Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 25, 2012 – Day By Day Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 25, 2012
- Election Law Center: Did Brett Kimberlin Break Federal Law (18 USC 241)? – RT @michellemalkin: Christian Adams @electionlawctr asks: Did Brett Kimberlin Break Federal Law (18 USC 241)?==>
- (500) http://patterico.com/2012/05/25/convicted-bomber-brett-kimberlin-neal-rauhauser-ron-brynaert-and-their-campaign-of-political-terrorism – RT @sistertoldjah RT @MelissaTweets: Leftists who are friends with #BrettKimberlin what say you? #despicable #tcot
- Dental student ‘ironman’ bikes for kids – American Dental Association – ADA.org – RT @ADANews: Dental student ‘ironman’ bikes for kids – American Dental Association – :
- Dental Medicaid report available – American Dental Association – ADA.org – Dental Medicaid report available – American Dental Association – :
- Obama keeps a low public profile in Wisconsin recall fight – JSOnline – Obama keeps a low public profile in Wisconsin recall fight – JSOnline
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-25 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-25
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » Pakistan Restores Twitter Access After Blocking It Over Mohammed Caricature Contest – Pakistan Restores Twitter Access After Blocking It Over Mohammed Caricature Contest
- Obama keeps a low public profile in Wisconsin recall fight – JSOnline – Obama keeps a low public profile in Wisconsin recall fight – JSOnline
- American Conservative Union PAC Endorses Tony Strickland for U.S. Congress | The American Conservative Union – American Conservative Union PAC Endorses Tony Strickland for U.S. Congress #tcot #catcot
- Obama keeps a low public profile in Wisconsin recall fight – JSOnline – Obama Keeps Low Profile in Wisconsin which means Scott Walker is ahead in the polls and likely the winner: #tcot
- Health / Think it should be more? – Think it should be more?
- Running / My Los Angeles Roadrunner friends Erika and Janet during the 80 degree heat of the Pasadena Marathon on May 20, 2012. – My Los Angeles Roadrunner friends Erika and Janet during the 80 degree heat of the Pasadena Marathon
- Running / We have some beautiful country in which to run here in Ventura County, California…. – We have some beautiful country in which to run here in Ventura County, California….
- Sports / Sort of says it all for the 2012 LA Lakers season…. – Sort of says it all for the 2012 LA Lakers season….
- Flapsblog Posts / Bill Clinton: I did NOT ave sex with these women….. – Bill Clinton: I did NOT ave sex with these women…..
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » CA-26: Tony Strickland Goes Positive in Political Mailer – CA-26: Tony Strickland Goes Positive in Political Mailer
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » The Morning Flap Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 24, 2012 – The Morning Flap Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 24, 2012
- Political Cartoons / Jumping off with Obama…. – Jumping off with Obama….
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: Heartland Dental Care Expands Corporate Office in Effingham, Illinois – Heartland Dental Care Expands Corporate Office in Effingham, Illinois
- Flapsblog Posts / Who the hell is Brett Kimberlin? – Who the hell is Brett Kimberlin? #tcot #catcot
- Flapsblog Posts / Come on Larry Flynt….you really jumped the shark on this one….. – Come on Larry Flynt….you really jumped the shark on this one…..
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » Day By Day Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 24, 2012 – Day By Day Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 24, 2012
2 Comments »
Day By Day by Chris Muir
Here is the context of Brett Kimberlin from yesterday here and here.
I will have more on Brett Kmberlin and a round up of links later in the day.
Comments Off on Day By Day Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 25, 2012
Posted by Flap in Brett Kimberlin, Pinboard Links, The Morning Flap, tags: #catcot, #tcot, Brett Kimberlin, FLSEN, Hispanics, Kimberlin, Missle_Defense, Obama, Obamacare, Pinboard Links, Polling, President_2012, Romney, Russia, The Morning Flap
These are my links for May 23rd through May 24th:
- Walker Looks Likely to Avoid Recall – Up By 5 and 8 points in different polls | Scott Walker Looks Likely to Avoid Recall #tcot
- Michelle Malkin » S.E. Cupp, Hustler, and the four stages of conservative female abuse – S.E. Cupp, Hustler, and the four stages of conservative female abuse #tcot
- Bomber Turned Left Wing Activist, Brett Kimberlin, Tries to Silence Conservative Opposition– Tip of the hat to Michelle Malkin, whose May 23 column does one of the best jobs I’ve seen of laying out the convoluted tale of a low-level Democratic activist named Brett Kimberlin and his attempts to shut down those who criticize him. She applies the “disinfectant of sunshine” to a seamy story that deserves mainstream play.Brett Kimberlin, subject of the book Citizen K, is the Speedway Bomber. If that is not familiar to you, you might remember him as the man who claimed he sold Vice President Dan Quayle drugs. Kimberlin is also, now, decades later, a left of center activist, former Independent Music Awards Industry Judge, involved in organizations getting Tides Foundation and Heinz Family Foundation grants, and is back in the media for harassing and bullying anyone who mentions his past.
- Leftist Blogger’s Criminal Past Raises Questions About His Real Intent– Even before his release from prison 10 years ago, Brett Kimberlin had learned a lesson that has served him well: If you publicly accuse a well-known political figure of crimes or misdeeds — even without proof — publicity and money will follow.Kimberlin, a convicted bomber and drug dealer, learned that lesson in 1988, when he claimed from his prison cell that he had been Dan Quayle’s marijuana dealer in college. The claim got a lot of attention because Quayle was running for vice president of the United States at the time.Now, 22 years later, Kimberlin has taken that lesson and made unfounded accusations a profession of sorts. Using two popular leftist blogs, the 56-year-old from Bethesda, Md., has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars from the public and left-leaning foundations by promising to put conservatives he disagrees with in jail, often with offers of large rewards. So far — without success — he has called for the arrest of Karl Rove, Andrew Breitbart, Chamber of Commerce head Tom Donohue, Massey Energy Chairman Don Blankenship and other high-profile public figures.A review of tax filings for Kimberlin’s blogs, “Velvet Revolution” and “Justice Through Music,” raises troubling questions about whether his “nonprofit” operations are dedicated to public activism — or are just a new facade for a longtime con artist.
- Obama Spends $20 Mil In Taxpayer Money To Tell Taxpayers How Great ObamaCare Is– The Obama administration just inked a $20 million deal with PR firm Porter Novelli to help promote ObamaCare. Why do they need to promote a law that was supposed to get more popular once it passed?According to news accounts, the multimedia campaign is mandated by ObamaCare as a way to educate the public about how to stay healthy and prevent illnesses.Right. Like another $20 million will make a difference on top of the avalanche of public health news already out there.A Health and Human Services official let slip the real reason, telling Roll Call that the PR effort is meant “to inform the American people about the many preventive benefits now available … as a result of the Affordable Care Act.”
In other words, this is more about burnishing ObamaCare’s image before the election than meeting some public health imperative.
- Republicans’ Hispanic problem — in 2 charts– New data from an NBC-Wall Street Journal poll that show President Obama leading former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney by 34 points among Hispanics set off a new round of speculation about whether Republicans can win in November if they can’t narrow that margin.And rightfully so. But focusing just on 2012 actually underestimates the depth of the political problem for Republicans when it comes to the Hispanic community.In short: Republicans’ Hispanic problem didn’t happen overnight and they won’t be able to fix it overnight either. That means that regardless of what happens in 2012, Republicans need to find ways to begin growing their support among Hispanics, or they run the risk of struggling to build majority national coalitions in 2016, 2020 and beyond
- Rove: Romney’s Roads to the White House– On Tuesday, Gallup’s seven-day tracking poll had Barack Obama and Mitt Romney tied at 46%. With the incumbent stuck below 50% on the ballot and Mr. Romney’s favorability rising, the Republican challenger has a good shot at winning.To take the White House, Mr. Romney needs 270 votes in the Electoral College. A “3-2-1” strategy will get him there.
- Obama leads big with Latinos– Less than six months before November’s presidential election, President Obama enjoys a sizable lead over Mitt Romney among Latino voters, according to a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Telemundo poll of Latino respondents.The challenge for the Obama campaign, however, will be turning out these voters, who aren’t as interested in the election as all other Americans are.
- Actually, the Obama spending binge really did happen– Until Barack Obama took office in 2009, the United States had never spent more than 23.5% of GDP, with the exception of the World War II years of 1942-1946. Here’s the Obama spending record:– 25.2% of GDP in 2009– 24.1% of GDP in 2010– 24.1% of GDP in 2011
– 24.3% (estimates by the White House ) in 2012
What’s more, if Obama wins another term, spending—according to his own budget—would never drop below 22.3% of GDP. If that forecast is right, spending during Obama’s eight years in office would average 23.6% of GDP. That’s higher than any single previous non-war year.
- Florida (FL) Poll * May 24, 2012 * Mack Has Big Lead In Florida G – Quinnipiac University ? Hamden, Connecticut – RT @FixAaron Poll shock of the day: Quinnipiac shows Mack 42, Nelson 41 in #FLSEN. #tcot
- First Read – NBC polls: Obama edges Romney in three key battleground states – RT @conncarroll so MSNBC has Obama over Romney in VA and FL by an identical 4 points 11 point diff from Q Poll #tcot
- Has recall election made Scott Walker a GOP hero? – Robin Bravender – POLITICO.com – RT @politico: Leading POLITICO: Has the recall election in Wisconsin made Gov. Scott Walker a GOP hero?
- First Read – NBC-Marist polls: Dems have slight edge in three key Senate races – RT @mpoindc NBC/Marist: OH: Brown 51, Mandel 37 — VA: Kaine 49, Allen 43 — FL: Nelson 46, Mack 42 #tcot
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-24 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-24
- Russia tests new missile, in warning over U.S. shield– Russia tested a new long-range missile on Wednesday that should improve its ability to penetrate missile defense systems, the military said, in Moscow’s latest warning to Washington over deployment of a missile shield in Europe.The Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) was successfully launched from the Plesetsk facility in northwestern Russia and its dummy warhead landed on target on the Kamchatka peninsula on the Pacific coast, the Defense Ministry said.The new missile is expected to improve Russia’s offensive arsenal, “including by increasing the capability to overcome missile defense systems that are being created”, the ministry said in a statement.Russia opposes a missile shield the United States and NATO are deploying in Europe, saying it will be able to intercept Russian warheads by about 2018, weakening Moscow’s nuclear arsenal and upsetting the post-Cold War balance of power.
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » Updated: Americans Have Mixed Views of Vice President Joe Biden But Swing State Voters Disapprove – Updated: Americans Have Mixed Views of Vice President Joe Biden But Swing State Voters Disapprove
- HP plans to cut 27,000 jobs, plow savings into R&D | Business Tech – CNET News – HP plans to cut 27,000 jobs | Business Tech – CNET News
- Political Cartoons / Oh Nancy…….. – Oh Nancy……..
- HP plans to cut 27,000 jobs | Business Tech – CNET News – RT @CNETNews: HP now plans to lay off 27,000 employees by 2014 as part of CEO Meg Whitman’s official turnaround plan
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » Americans Have Mixed Views of Vice President Joe Biden – Americans Have Mixed Views of Vice President Joe Biden
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » The Morning Flap: May 23, 2012 – The Morning Flap: May 23, 2012
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » CA-26: Handicapping Linda Parks Independent Challenge – CA-26: Handicapping Linda Parks Independent Challenge
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: The Morning Drill: May 23, 2012 – The Morning Drill: May 23, 2012
- Romney Narrows Obama Fund-Raising Edge – NYTimes.com – Not surprising as Romney starts to pull away…RT @justin_hart: Yep! Romney edging Obama on fundraising. –
- Flap’s California Morning Collection: May 23, 2012 – Flapsblog.org » Flap’s California Blog – Flap’s California Morning Collection: May 23, 2012 #tcot #catcot
Comments Off on The Morning Flap Featuring Brett Kimberlin for May 24, 2012