Favorable Vs Unfavorable:
- Rep. Paul Ryan 36% Vs. 35%
- Former Rep. Mark Neumann 24% Vs. 27%
- Atty. Gen. JB Van Hollen 25% Vs. 28%
- Former Sen. Russ Feingold 51% Vs. 39%
Job Approval Vs. Disapproval:
- Sen Herb Kohl 50% Vs. 30%
- Sen Ron Johnson 32% Vs. 28%
- 52% Kohl Vs. 37% Van Hollen
- 49% Kohl Vs. 42% Ryan
- 51% Kohl Vs. 37% Neumann
- 51% Feingold Vs. 39% Van Hollen
- 49% Feingold Vs. 42% Ryan
- 50% Feingold Vs. 40% Neumann
PPP surveyed 768 Wisconsin voters from February 24th to 27th. The survey’s margin of error is +/-3.5%.
It has been rumored for some time that Senator Herb Kohl will retire and that defeated Senator Russ Feingold (who is still popular in the state despite being beaten by Ron Johnson last November) would try to regain a Senate seat.
No matter from this polling data, either Democrat, Kohl or Feingold looks safe.
Also, it is doubtful that Rep. Paul Ryan who is the best Republican in this poll is interested in running for the Senate.
Note, however, Wisconsin WILL be a key battleground state for the 2012 Presidential race and voter participation will be high in this election. This will not be a priority for the NRSC unless Kohl retires and the seat becomes open.
Comments Off on WI-Sen Poll Watch: Dem Sen Herb Kohl Looks Safe Against all GOP Challengers