Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, left, speaks in support of gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides, who is joined by U.S. Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., at a rally held at Pasadena City College in Pasadena, Calif., Monday, Oct. 30, 2006.
â€œYou know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you donâ€™t, you get stuck in Iraq.â€
All Flap can say is MORON.
Senator Kerry owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country’s call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education. Americans from all backgrounds, well off and less fortunate, with high school diplomas and graduate degrees, take seriously their duty to our country, and risk their lives today to defend the rest of us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
They all deserve our respect and deepest gratitude for their service. The suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq, is an insult to every soldier serving in combat, and should deeply offend any American with an ounce of appreciation for what they suffer and risk so that the rest of us can sleep more comfortably at night. Without them, we wouldn’t live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks.
And Kerry should apologize……..
The White House accused Sen. John Kerry on Tuesday of troop-bashing, seizing on a comment the Democrat made to California students that those unable to navigate the country’s education system “get stuck in Iraq.”
“Senator Kerry not only owes an apology to those who are serving, but also to the families of those who’ve given their lives in this,” White House press secretary Tony Snow said. “This is an absolute insult.”
Kerry, who is considering another run for the White House in 2008, angrily fired back.
His statement called Republicans “assorted right-wing nut jobs.”
And at a hastily arranged news conference in Seattle, Kerry said: “I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy.”
Kerry said the comment in question was “a botched joke about the president and the president’s people, not about the troops … and they know that’s what I was talking about.”
The National Commander of The American Legion called on Sen. John Kerry to apologize for suggesting that American troops in Iraq are uneducated.
“As a constituent of Senator Kerry’s I am disappointed. As leader of The American Legion, I am outraged,” said National Commander Paul A. Morin. “A generation ago, Sen. Kerry slandered his comrades in Vietnam by saying that they were rapists and murderers. It wasn’t true then and his warped view of today’s heroes isn’t true now.”
AMVETS’ National Commander expressed disbelief and disappointment in the comments by Senator John Kerry Monday.
â€œFor the Senator to suggest that todayâ€™s United States military is made up of uneducated men and women who didnâ€™t â€˜study hardâ€™ or â€˜make an effort to be smartâ€™ is ridiculous and appalling,â€ AMVETS National Commander Thomas C. McGriff said Tuesday. â€œThe men and women in uniform today make up the most advanced, highly-educated force ever seen. To suggest otherwise is a slap in the face to every soldier, sailor, airman, Marine and Coast Guardsman who has spent countless hours working to better him or herself. This is also an insult to every person and organization who has worked tirelessly to provide our troops and their families with education benefits.
â€œSenator Kerry should retract his remarks and apologize immediately,â€ McGriff said after listening to comments made by Senator Kerry at a political rally in Pasadena, Calif., Monday. â€œIt is especially outrageous coming from a member of the U.S. Senate.â€
Read what the others in the blogosphere are saying.
- John Kerry on our lazy, uneducated military – The Liberty Lounge Political Forums
- The Stout Republican Â» Blog Archive Â» Kerryâ€™s True Colors
- Say Anything
- Michelle Malkin
- Pattericoâ€™s Pontifications Â» What John Kerry Really Thinks Of Our Troops In Iraq
- EDUCATE THE PEOPLE Â» Blog Archive Â» Audio: John Kerry on Americaâ€™s lazy, uneducated military
- Captain’s Quarters
- Audio: John Kerry on Americaâ€™s lazy, uneducated military Â« Red State American
- Blue Crab Boulevard Â» Blog Archive Â» Credibility Problem
- Right Voices Â» Blog Archive Â» John Kerry on How You End Up In Iraq
- Iowa Voice
- snapped shot
- Texas Rainmaker Â» John Kerry Calls American Military Dumb and Lazy
- Ex-Donkey Blog
- Murdoc Online
- Sister Toldjah Â» And this man could have been president, part 2: How John Kerry â€œsupports the troopsâ€
- Â» Question of The Day Â» The Redhawk Review Â» Blog Archive Â»
- Neophyte Pundit
- Hot Air Â» Blog Archive Â» Project Valour-IT
- The Political Pit Bull
- She Who Will Be Obeyed!
- The Right State Â» John Kerry Says Our Troops Are Stupid
- Viva La Blog Â» John Kerry Says Our Troops Are Stupid
- Outside The Beltway | OTB
- Cold Fury Â» Blog Archive Â» Another mask slip
- Y.A.C.R.W.B – Yet Another Conservative, Right Wing Blog Â» John Kerry: Supports Our Troops?
- Kerry shows why heâ€™s unfit for command Â« HoodaThunk?
- Strangely Silent: De Docâ€¦ Â· On November 7th?
- The LLama Butchers
- Stop The ACLU
- Bill’s Bites
- The Real Ugly American.com Â» Blog Archive Â» John Kerry Jackass
- John Kerry Thinks Your Stupidâ€¦ | chez Diva
- MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Â» John Fâ€™n Kerry trashes the troops again
- Growing Old Disgracefully Â» Daily How-to Tip: Get the â€œmilitary voteâ€
- Old War Dogs
- A Blog For All
- MND: Â» John Kerry: Do homework or â€œget stuck in Iraqâ€
- Wake up America
- politicalpartypoop.com – Politics and other stuff in life that stinks Â» Idiot Democrats canâ€™t keep their mouth shut! Kerry says screw the military!
- Opinionmill Author
- def Sparse(Matrix): Â» Blog Archive Â» Turning Point?
- Pajamas Media
- and he could of been Presidentâ€¦ SPOOKY Â» StuntShack.com
- Leaning Straight Up
- Bill’s Bites
- Don’t Go Into The Light
- Old War Dogs
Technorati Tags: JohnKerry, JohnMcCain, IraqWar