Former New York Mayor and Presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani at Joeâ€™s Cafe, Santa Barbara, California, September 27, 2007
- GOP: Thompson Settles Back to Pre-Launch Levels, Leaving Giuliani 21 Points Ahead of Rest of Republican Field: In a Republican Primary in California today, 10/15/07, 16 weeks to the vote, Rudolph Giuliani wins convincingly, according to a SurveyUSA poll conducted exclusively for KABC-TV Los Angeles, KPIX-TV San Fransisco, KGTV-TV San Diego and KFSN-TV Fresno.
- Giuliani leads by 21 points today, his largest lead in 6 months of SurveyUSA tracking polls. Compared to an identical poll released 5 weeks ago, on 09/10/07, Fred Thompson is down 8 points, from 26% then to 18% today. Giuliani is up 11 points, from 28% then to 39% today. Thompson and Giuliani had been effectively tied in the September poll, conducted immediately following Thompson’s launch on Jay Leno. Now Giuliani leads by 21.
- Thompson is just ahead of Mitt Romney, at 14%, and John McCain, at 13%. Another 12% of Republican primary voters prefer one of the other candidates — Duncan Hunter, Mike Huckabee, Tom Tancredo, Sam Brownback, or Ron Paul.
- Among Conservatives, Thompson finished 1st last month, 9 points atop Giuliani. Today, Thompson trails by 19 points among Conservatives, a swing of 28 points in Giuliani’s favor.
- Giuliani today gets the vote of 39% of Pro-Life Republicans, his highest standing in 6 months, and a net 23-point improvement from a month ago, when Giuliani trailed Thompson by 2 among Pro-Lifers.
- Thompson’s “Law and Order” legacy appears to be worth a couple of points at this point.
- Among those Republican primary voters who watch the TV show Law and Order, Thompson’s support is 19%. Among those who “almost never” watch Law and Order, Thompson’s support is 16%.
Let’s look at the GOP NUTS:
A very good poll for the Mayor as it can now be said that he is OWNING California. Fred Thompson is fizzling in California as he has been nationally. Romney has NEVER taken off here.
Since former GOP California Governor Pete Wilson has already endorsed Rudy will California GOP Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger be far behind?
Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani visits with local residents during a brief presidential campaign stop, Thursday, September 27, 2007 in Santa Barbara, California. This lady waited outside Joeâ€™s Cafe for at least two hours to get this autograph.
Technorati Tags: Rudy Giuliani