Click the play button below to hear former governor Mitt Romney discuss Senator John McCain’s immigration reform plan in a 2005 interview with the Globe (11/30/05).
Flap heard Mitt Romney being interviewed by Sean Hannity on his radio show yesterday afternoon bashing Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Senator McCain on the issue of illegal immigration and “Sanctuary Cities.”
Flap has said before and will say again: Mitt Romney is a hypocritical Flip-Flopper on this issue.
Why, does Flap say this, you ask?
Now, letâ€™s look at HYPOCRITE Mitt:
1. Illegal Alien Guatemalans mowing his mansion grounds for ten years.
2. While Romney was governor, the commonwealth of Massachusetts became one of the six states with the largest growth in unauthorized migrant population, from 2002 to 2004, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, with somewhere between 200,000-250,000 new illegal immigrants.
3. In the past, Governor Romney supported more LIBERAL positions on illegal immigration than the 2007 recently failed Kennedy-McCain legislation. In fact, he supported President Bush and Senator McCainâ€™s efforts to change current law in favor of â€œAMNESTY.â€
4. And here is Mitt Romney FLIP – FLOPPING on illegal immigration positions:
5. In 2006, Romney said â€œthose that are here paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process toward application for citizenship, as they would from their home country.â€
6. Romney Couldnâ€™t Even Enforce Immigration Laws In State Government Payrolls.
A Globe analysis of nine recent public works projects â€¦ revealed that of 242 workers on weekly payroll lists, more than a third appeared to lack legitimate Social Security numbers. On one of the payrolls reviewed, for masonry work on the UMass dormitory project, nearly two-thirds of the contractorâ€™s 87 workers had bogus or questionable Social Security numbers. â€¦ A spokesman for Governor Mitt Romney said it was unsurprising state money was used to pay undocumented immigrants. â€˜The governor is not surprised that our current immigration laws are a mess,â€™ said Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom.â€ (Jonathan Saltazman and Yvonne Abraham, â€œFake IDs Are Rife At State Job Sites,â€ The Boston Globe, 6/18/06)
7. As Governor, Mitt Romney Recommended Over $408 Million In State Aid To Massachusetts Sanctuary Cities Cambridge, Orleans, Somerville, Brookline, Brewster And Lexington.
8. During Romneyâ€™s Term, Proposed State Aid To These Sanctuary Cities Increased 4.07%, From $103,218,421 In FY2004 To $107,419,246 In FY2007.
9. Romneyâ€™s Last Minute Agreement With Federal Government To Allow State Troopers To Enforce Immigration Laws Was Rescinded Before It Was Ever Implemented.
â€œWhile it is technically true that Romney â€˜signed an agreement with the federal government to allow state troopers to enforce federal immigration laws,â€™ he only did so in the closing weeks of his term, and the program never actually went into effect because it was rescinded by Romneyâ€™s successor even before the state troopers began training.â€ (Philip Klein, â€œSanctuary Cities in Romneyâ€™s Massachusetts,â€ American Spectatorâ€™s Blog, www.spectator.com, 8/9/07)
So, why is Mitt Romney hypocritically attacking the Mayor and Senator McCain, when he has all of this political baggage?
Is this who American voters want as their next President?