Republican presidential candidates, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (L) and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani are shown on stage during the CNN/YouTube/Republican Party of Florida presidential debate in St. Petersburg, Florida, November 28, 2007.
Well, Flap was wrong about the You Tube Debate. It certainly was NOT boring.
First up, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney aggressively discussing illegal immigration.
Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney scornfully debated immigration Wednesday in a testy personal exchange in which Giuliani accused Romney of employing illegal immigrants at his home and running a “sanctuary mansion.”
Giuliani criticized Romney after the former Massachusetts governor claimed Giuliani had retained New York’s status as a sanctuary city while he was mayor.
Romney said it would “not be American” to check the papers of workers employed by a contractor simply because they have a “funny accent.” He had landscapers at his Belmont, Mass., home who turned out were in the country illegally.
Giuliani shot back, calling Romney’s attitude “holier than thou.”
“Mitt usually criticizes people when he usually has the far worse record,” Giuliani said.
The Mayor was RIGHT on Romney’s hypocrisy. In fact, it is about time someone called Mitt on Massachusetts sanctuary cities and his employment of illegal alien Guatemalans at his mansion.
Here is Mitt’s hypocrisy:
- Illegal Alien Guatemalans mowing his mansion grounds for ten years.
- While Romney was governor, the commonwealth of Massachusetts became one of the six states with the largest growth in unauthorized migrant population, from 2002 to 2004, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, with somewhere between 200,000-250,000 new illegal immigrants.
- In the past, Governor Romney supported more LIBERAL positions on illegal immigration than the 2007 recently failed Kennedy-McCain legislation. In fact, he supported President Bush and Senator McCainâ€™s efforts to change current law in favor of â€œAMNESTY.â€
- As Governor, Mitt Romney Recommended Over $408 Million In State Aid To Massachusetts Sanctuary Cities Cambridge, Orleans, Somerville, Brookline, Brewster And Lexington.
- During Romneyâ€™s Term, Proposed State Aid To These Sanctuary Cities Increased 4.07%, From $103,218,421 In FY2004 To $107,419,246 In FY2007.
- Romneyâ€™s Last Minute Agreement With Federal Government To Allow State Troopers To Enforce Immigration Laws Was Rescinded Before It Was Ever Implemented.
So, why is Mitt Romney hypocritically attacking the Mayor?
Is this who American voters want as their next President?
Flap says no and is glad the Mayor FINALLY called Romney out on illegal immigration.
Technorati Tags: Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, illegal immigration, You Tube Debate