It was only three weeks ago that John Edwards was fielding media questions on his chances of filling the Democratic Party’s vice presidential slot on Barack Obama’s ticket or a potential Cabinet position in an Obama administration.
On Wednesday, however, the former U.S. senator and 2004 vice presidential nominee was eager to duck the press when the questions took a tabloid turn.
About a dozen reporters and photojournalists attended a speech Edwards gave to an AARP Foundation symposium on poverty and aging in Washington. Afterward, he avoided most of the waiting reporters, at least some of whom wanted to question him about recent reports in the National Enquirer that alleged an inappropriate relationship with a former campaign videographer.
John Edwards, should he ever wish to resume his political career will have to answer some questions about the National Enquirer piece. Some basics will suffice:
- Is John Edwards the father of Frances Quinn Hunter?
- Why was Edwards in the Beverly Hilton Hotel at this time in the morning and why did he hide from reporters in the bathroom?
But, if he continues to duck the press, “say good night, Gracie” to any appointment to an Obama Administration or any future Democrat Party post.
Flap says Edwards easiest recourse is to check into rehab and claim substance abuse or sex addiction.
Isn’t this what all the CELEBS do? Especially the ones sporting the $400 haircuts?
Monkey business on the Edwards story?
Come on National Enquirer – release the photographs of John Edwards at the Beverly Hilton.
- John Edwards Watch: The Cover-Up?
- Day By Day by Chris Muir July 29, 2008
- John Edwardâ€™s Role at the Denver Democrat Convention?
- Why is the Media in the Tank for John Edwards?
- Is John Edwards a Public Hypocrite?
- John Edwards Watch: There Goes the Vice Presidency
- John Edwards Watch: Love Child Scandal?
Technorati Tags: John Edwards