Flap awoke this morning to the Early Today show on NBC. Near the end of the program the young woman anchor launches into a tirade about Sarah Palin not being a good sport or being exempt from late night comedy parody. Then she mentioned the David Letterman Show and mentioned Letterman’s Top Ten Highlights of Sarah Palin’s Trip to New York bit by Letterman on Monday night.
As you recall in his routine, David Letterman denigrates Sarah Palin by listing the following top ten highlights:
10. Visited New York landmarks she normally only sees from Alaska
9. Laughed at all the crazy-looking foreigners enter the U.N..
8. Made moose jerky on Rachael Ray
7.Keyed Tina Fey’s car
6. After a wink and a nod, ended up with a kilo of crack
5. Made coats out of New York city rat pelts
4. Sat in for Kelly Ripa. Regis couldn’t tell the difference.
3. Finally met one of thise Jewish people Mel gibson’s always talking about
2. Bought makeup at Bloomingdale’s to update her “slutty flight attendant” look
1. Especially enjoyed not appearing on Letterman
Let’s see in the top ten list he calls Sarah Palin:
- A SLUT
- A Jew Hater or anti-Semite
- A dumbass/unintelligent woman
- A Yokel
Ok, Sarah Palin is a POL and can take the direct criticism and can take it like she did with Tina Fey and Saturday Night Live during the campaign last Fall. But, then Letterman goes after her daughter, Bristol or Willow.
Here is the bit about Letterman saying that Palin’s daughter, 19 year old Bristol, an unwed and single mother was “knocked up” by New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez. But, it was the 14 year old Willow Palin who accompanied her mother to the Yankees game.
Is there ANY wonder why Palin responded that David Letterman was “PATHETIC?”
Letterman’s routines go way out of the mainstream of comedy and are mean-spirited and hateful political diatribes. Do you hear anyone mentioning the fact that Letterman has his own BASTARD child?
NBC News, the Obama Channel, goes out of its way to bag on Palin for saying this in response?
Come on. Letterman was way out of line and Sarah Palin’s response was appropriate.
But, NBC News goes out of its way to portray Palin as a POL who cannot take the heat in the political kitchen. By the way, did I mention that NBC did NOT mention the Letterman parodies of Sarah Palin’s daughters?
NBC News, like David Letterman are both pretty “PATHETIC.”