These are my links for April 13th from 14:31 to 15:25:
- Conservatives should no longer be happy about budget deal – On the night the budget deal was struck to avert a shutdown, I argued that it was a deal that conservatives should be happy about. In light of further details that have emerged, I would no longer make such a statement.
Today, the Associated Press reports on a new Congressional Budget Office report showing that the deal that purported to slash spending by $38.5 billion for the remainder of the year, really only reduces outlays by a fraction of that amount, and only cuts this year's deficit by a mere $352 million. If the $38.5 billion was chump change in the context of $14 trillion debt, I wouldn't even know what to call $352 million. Bread crumbs, maybe?
Read it all
- Meg Whitman: GOP Must Change its Approach on Immigration | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Meg Whitman: GOP Must Change its Approach on Immigration #tcot #catcot
- Flap’s Links and Comments for April 13th on 14:02 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Flap’s Links and Comments for April 13th on 14:02 #tcot #catcot
– Majority Leader Eric Cantor: Mr. President, We Are Serious, Where Are You? – RT @GOPLeader: Today, the President delivered a speech in which the only concrete proposal he offered was raising taxes:
- The president speaks, says very little – Right Turn – The Washington Post – The president speaks, says very little about America's debt issues
- Romney says Obama deficit plan ‘too little’ – Political Intelligence – A
national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe – Boston.com – Mitt Romney says President Obama deficit plan 'too little, too late'