These are my links for August 11th through August 14th:
- Perry threatens Romney among second-choice voters – Assuming he doesn't run, Giuliani would almost certainly endorse Perry. While Rudy came up far short of the nomination last time around, he still has a following — and even hit 12 percent nationally in a CNN poll taken this month, which was good enough for a not so distant third place, with Romney at 17 percent and Perry at 15 percent. Giuliani would help Perry make a pitch to moderates and national security voters, provide a boost in primary states like New York and Florida (where he's still popular even if he didn't win there last time), and introduce him to a huge fundraising base.
It's actually hard to see where Romney picks up votes if it becomes a Perry vs. Romney race. So that would seem to provide Romney with two hopes of winning. One is that Bachmann and Perry get battered by the media, and by the time the primaries heat up, neither of them looks like they could be electable against President Obama. Or, Bachmann wins Iowa and stays in the race as long as possible — even better, Palin enters the race too — and splits the conservative vote, allowing Romney to squeak through as McCain did in 2008.
Rudy Giuliani will be a factor for Rick Perry, especially in Florida where Perry needs to beat Romney.
Remember like Huckabee, Rudy hates Romney because of the crap Romney pulled during the 2008 campaign.
- State of Washington Cancels Illegal Alien Journalist’s Driver’s License; Will ICE Investigate the Papers That Hired Him? – The story of illegal alien fraudster and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas continues to unfold and he is finally beginning to feel the repercussions of his unlawful activity. While there remain many unpunished illegal acts perpetrated by a number of individuals in the Vargas saga (including violations of employment law by Peter Perl, the assistant managing editor of the Washington Post), this week the State of Washington may have set the ball in motion by canceling Vargas's fraudulently obtained driver's license. According to the Seattle Times, state licensing officials launched an investigation after Vargas's admission of multiple legal violations became public, and determined that he was never a resident of the state. In other words, he lied on the application forms. In his article in the New York Times, Vargas explained:
Early this year, just two weeks before my 30th birthday, I won a small reprieve: I obtained a driver's license in the state of Washington. The license is valid until 2016. This offered me five more years of acceptable identification – but also five more years of fear, of lying to people I respect and institutions that trusted me, of running away from who I am.
It does not appear that Washington actually revoked the license itself, however, meaning that Vargas may still show it to board airplanes, open bank accounts, and live his life like law-abiding immigrants and U.S. citizens, even though he is far from law-abiding.
Read it all
- @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-08-14 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-08-14 #tcot #catcot
- Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law
| Reuters – untitled:
Appeals court rules against Obama hea…
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: The Saturday Drill: August 13, 2011 – The Saturday Drill: August 13, 2011
- President 2012: Question of the Hour? | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – President 2012: Question of the Hour? #tcot #catcot
- foursquare – Post run meal with Alice, Nancy and Tara (@ Ronnie's Diner)
- @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-08-13 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-08-13 #tcot #catcot
- foursquare – Shopping (@ Ralphs)
- foursquare – Dinner with newly retired Diane (@ El Paseo Inn)
- foursquare – Popst retirement party drink with retired Diane (@ Traxx Restaurant)
- foursquare – Next door at MWD for a retirement party (@ Los Angeles Union Metro Station w/ 8 others)
- @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-08-12 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-08-12 #tcot #catcot
- Flap’s Links and Comments for August 4th through August 11th | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Flap’s Links and Comments for August 4th through August 11th #tcot #catcot