These are my links for October 20th through October 22nd:
- AP-GfK Poll: 37 percent support ‘Occupy Wall Street’ protesters; politics angers most people – More than one-third of the country supports the Wall Street protests, and even more — 58 percent — say they are furious about America’s politics.
The number of angry people is growing as deep reservoirs of resentment grip the country, according to the latest Associated Press-GfK poll.
Some 37 percent of people back the protests that have spread from New York to cities across the country and abroad, one of the first snapshots of how the public views the “Occupy Wall Street” movement. A majority of those protest supporters are Democrats, but the anger about politics in general is much more widespread, the poll indicates.
”They’ve got reasons to be upset, they’ve got reasons to protest, but they’re protesting against the wrong people,” Jan Jarrell, 54, a retired school custodian from Leesville, S.C., says of the New York demonstrators. “They need to go to Washington, to Congress and the White House. They’re the ones coming up with all the rules.”
”Occupy Wall Street” has been called the liberal counterpoint to conservative-libertarian tea party, which injected a huge dose of enthusiasm into the Republican Party and helped it win the House and make gains in the Senate last fall.
While the troubled economy is at the root of anger at both government and business leaders, there’s a key difference. Tea party activists generally argue that government is the problem, and they advocate for free markets. The Wall Street protesters generally say that government can provide some solutions and the free market has run amok.
Of the Americans who support the Wall Street protests, 64 percent in the poll are Democrats, while 22 percent are independents and just 14 percent are Republicans. The protest backers are more likely to approve of President Barack Obama and more likely to disapprove of Congress than are people who don’t support the demonstrations.
- Michael Ramirez Cartoon – Michael Ramirez – re: Gadhafi:
- President 2012: Nevada Moves Caucuses to February 4 After Florida January 31 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – President 2012: Nevada Moves Caucuses to February 4 After Florida January 31 #tcot #catcot
- Day By Day October 22, 2011 – Sell It | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Chris Muir and Day By Day wonder about the OWS folks……:
:: Gregory Flap @ Ronnie’s Diner– Great 8 mile run and now breakfast with Alice, Tara, Nancy & Mary (@ Ronnie's Diner)
- @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-10-22 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-10-22 #tcot #catcot
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: U.S. Senators Ask World Series Teams to Forego Chewing Tobacco – U.S. Senators Ask World Series Teams to Forego Chewing Tobacco
- Referendum to Overturn the California Dream Act is NOW Collecting Signatures » Flap’s California Blog – Referendum to roll back the California Dream Act is in the field…:
- Six Million Californians Living in Poverty? » Flap’s California Blog – Nearly six million in California living in poverty….:
- Steve Jobs Tells Obama: Dude, You Are a One Term President | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Steve Jobs agrees with Michele Bachmann? One Term President = Obama:
- Study: Cell Phones Don’t Increase Brain Cancer Risk | Smiles For A Lifetime – Temporary (Locum Tenens) Dentistry – Your new smart phone won't be delivering up cancer, according to a new study…
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: The Morning Drill: October 21, 2011 – Today's Dentistry and Health Headlines….:
- (500) http://flapsblog.com/2011/10/21/day-by-day-october-21-2011-99-percent/ – Chris Muir and Day by Day cannot relate to the 99 Per Cent and the Attorney General:
- Obama Job Approval Average Slides to New Low in 11th Quarter – RT @philipaklein: Only one elected president since Eisenhower had a lower 11th quarter average than Obama — Carter
- Punch-out in the desert – The Washington Post – RT @washingtonpost: Krauthammer: "Rick Perry is still Texas. And Texas simply isn’t enough."
- @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-10-21 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2011-10-21 #tcot #catcot
- Gallup.Com – Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management – – Polling Matters by Frank Newport: Occupy Wall Street, Obama, Marijuana, and Facebook
- Flap’s Links and Comments for October 20th on 10:51 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Flap’s Links and Comments for October 20th on 10:51 #tcot #catcot