Halla Maher Fundraiser Features Thousand Oaks City Councilman Kevin McNamee
This announcement came out this past weekend.
Halla Maher is the ONLY woman Thousand Oaks City Council candidate endorsed by the Ventura County Republican Party.
Jeff Gorell is Endorsed By More Former City of Thousand Oaks’ Councilmen
It was released earlier today that Jeff Gorell has been endorsed by SIX-TIME City of Thousand Oaks Mayor Andy Fox. In a direct repudiation of Gorell’s opponent, Claudia Bill-de la Pena, a current member of the Thousand Oaks City Council, other current and former Councilmen have endorsed Gorell:
- Current Councilman Al Adam
- Current Councilman Kevin McNamee
- Former Councilman Joel Price
- Former Mayor and Councilman Dennis Gillette
Two others, who are Democrats, although I believe, Joel Price, is also a Democrat, have declared themselves neutral in the race.
- Mayor and Councilman Bob Engler – running for re-election
- Assemblywoman and former Mayor/Councilwoman Jacqui Irwin – running for re-election
Flap asks why?
Three of your CURRENT colleagues on the Council are either supporting your opponent or are neutral?
Something is amiss here or maybe it is simply that Gorell’s opponent doesn’t work well with others?