Representative Elton Gallegly, R-Simi Valley, in California’s 24th congressional District easily won GOP renomination in the California Primary Election yesterday. Gallegly bested attorney Michael Tenenbaum by over 4 to 1 in a low turnout GOP primary election.
Gallegy who will face off with Democrat Marta Jorgensen in the November general election will be competing for his 12th term in Congress.
Flap was invited to the Gallegly victory party last night at The Vineyards in Simi Valley just as he was 22 years ago when Gallegly first won the GOP nomination.
Representative Elton Gallegly, R-Simi Valley and Flap
Gallegly will have an easy re-election campaign in November. More on the race and the “SURPRISE” Democrat nominee later.
California Primary Election 2008 Watch: Elton Gallegly for Congress
CA-24 Watch: A Democrat Candidate Returns
Representative Elton Gallegly R-CA4
Flap enthusiastically endorses and will vote later today for his good friend, Elton Gallegly for the House of Representatives. Elton is running in the California GOP primary election.
- Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House of Representatives, 1995-1999.
- Dennis Hastert, Speaker of the House of Representatives, 1999-2007.
- Bob Brooks, Ventura County Sheriff
- Gregory D. Totten, Ventura County District Attorney
- Michael Bradbury, former Ventura County District Attorney
- Cristie Stanley, Santa Barbara County District Attorney
- Marty Bates, President, Ventura County Board of Education
- Jacqui Irwin, Mayor of the City of Thousand Oaks
- Glen Becerra, Simi Valley Council Member
- Audra Strickland, California Assemblywoman
- Tony Strickland, former California Assemblyman and GOP California State Senate presumptive nominee
- Tom McClintock, California State Senator
Ventura and Santa Barbara County, California voters please go to the polls and re-elect YOUR congressman, Elton Gallegly.
Marta Jorgensen of Solvang, California has withdrawn from her withdrawal in the Democrat primary race for California’s 24th Congressional District.
After dropping out of the Democratic primary for the 24th congressional district and throwing her support behind another candidate, Marta Jorgensen of Solvang has done an about face and jumped back into the race at the 11th hour.
“I’m doing this because people asked me,” Jorgensen said today. “I want to make it clear to Jill and to Mary, they shouldn’t feel irked. I am only responding to the request of north county. I didn’t plan to jump in and be a spoiler.”
Jill Martinez of Oxnard and Mary Pallant of Oak Park are the two other candidates in the June 3 Democratic primary for the seat in the U.S. House of Representatives held by Republican Elton Gallegly of Simi Valley for more than 20 years.
The CA-24 seat is currently held by GOP Congressman Elton Gallegly of Simi Valley and there is little chance that the long-term and popular Gallegly will lose this fall no matter who wins the Democrat nomination.
Elton Gallegly Watch: Time to Drill in ANWR