Political Cartoon from Ed Gamble
Well, not so much.
- Mitt Romney, a top contender for the 2012 nomination who has been cautious in his criticism of President Obama, will not attend a tea party, said his spokesman.
- John Boehner, the House minority leader, will attend a tea party in Bakersfield, Calif., with Rep. Kevin McCarthy.
- Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, is on official business overseas and won’t be participating.
- Eric Cantor, the House minority whip, is in his Virginia congressional district with no public events today, said a spokesman.
- Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who will likely consider a 2012 run, is out of town and not participating, according to a spokesperson.
- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, last year’s GOP VP nominee and a potential 2012 contender, won’t be attending any tea parties “that I’m aware of,” said a spokesperson.
The Tea Party movement is not about the GOP, in any case. But, the GOP better get the message.
Technorati Tags: Tea Party, Taxes, , GOP