In the above video, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie goes after Republican House Speaker John Boehner for among other things not taking his phone call.
While we understand Christie’s frustration and escalation in what is obviously a personal vendetta between the two men, as so often happens, much was left unsaid. For example the fact that the proposed bill was also chock full of pork spending such as:
- $150 million in funding for fisheries in Alaska,
- $5.3 billion to the Army corps of engineers,
- $56.8 million for charting the debris from last year’s Japanese tsunami,
- $100 million for the federal Head Start day care program,
- $20 million for a nationwide “water resources priorities study”,
- $4 million for the … Kennedy Space Center?
And others. Some more from the Weekly Standard:
I grow tired of Christie’s histrionics. He obviously lacks discipline and restraint looking at him not getting his own way and his obesity.
The voters of New Jersey may accept this type of conduct, but I won’t if he chooses to run for the Presidency.Chris Christie, John Boehner, Sandy