These are my links for May 25th through May 29th:
- In Texas, a rising conservative star takes on the establishment- Hoping to build on momentum from Richard Mourdock’s Tea Party-driven victory over Richard Lugar in the Indiana Senate primary earlier this month, the Tea Party is setting its sights on another possible win Tuesday, this time in Texas.In Tuesday’s Texas Republican Senate primary, Tea Party favorite Ted Cruz, a Cuban-American lawyer with strong conservative bona fides, is hoping to force a runoff against David Dewhurst, lieutenant governor to Rick Perry and the longtime establishment favorite. Former Dallas mayor and businessman Tom Leppert is currently running in third, while former NFL running back and ESPN announcer Craig James trails in fourth place. The four candidates are running for the seat being vacated by retiring Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.The winner will go head-to-head with the winner of Tuesday night’s Democratic primary. Paul Sadler, a former state representative, and Sean Hubbard, a first-time candidate, are vying for that spot. In the deeply red state, however, the Republican nominee is expected to prevail in November.
Recent polls show Dewhurst well ahead of Cruz, and the consistent front-runner in the race. But in order to avoid a run-off this July, he needs to earn at least 50 percent of the vote – a threshold he has yet to breach in recent surveys. If Cruz can maintain his second-place positioning and keep Dewhurst under the 50 percent mark, he could build on a recent surge in momentum and publicity.
- Texas Primary: What to Watch – Everything’s bigger in Texas, and today’s state and presidential primary is no exception.
Mitt Romney is expected to reach (and surpass) 1,144 delegates tonight–the magic delegate number needed to officially win the GOP nomination. With 155 delegates at-stake, Texas’s GOP primary is the largest delegate prize in the contest so far–the second largest overall. California will offer the most delegates on June 5.
Bigger than the delegate math however, is the Republican Senate primary, which is so far the most expensive Senate race in this election cycle. Some $25 million has been spent on behalf of the candidates seeking to fill the seat left open by Kay Bailey Hutchison’s retirement. Although the list of candidates on the ballot is long, the race is mostly considered to be contained to David Dewhurst, the state’s lieutenant governor, and Ted Cruz, the former solicitor general.
The Dewhurst/Cruz race has been largely framed as an establishment vs. Tea Party battle, with Dewhurst labeled as the establishment candidate, and Cruz appearing to claim the tea-party mantle. Cruz has received endorsements from national tea party figures like Sarah Palin and Jim DeMint, but Dewhurst has numerous conservative endorsements as well such as Rick Perry and Mike Huckabee.
- Why Obama’s Senior Strategists Think He’ll Beat Mitt Romney – David Plouffe sits in his White House office, just a few steps from the Oval, staring at an oversize map of these United States. It’s late afternoon on May 9, two hours after Barack Obama’s declaration that his evolution on gay marriage has reached its terminus. The president is down the hall and on the phone, discussing his decision’s theological implications with several prominent African-American pastors—while Plouffe is being queried about its political dimensions by a querulousCaucasian reporter. The map at which Plouffe is gazing isn’t the electoral kind with the states shaded blue and red; as a federal employee, he notes wryly, “I’m not permitted to have one on the wall.” But given the way his head is hardwired, I’m pretty sure Plouffe is seeing those colors regardless
- Christie’s Vice Presidential Skills- The most striking thing about the current Republican vice presidential field is its striking superiority to the Republican presidential field of six months ago. Former Gov. Jeb Bush, Sen. Marco Rubio, Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Rob Portman are among the more accomplished, knowledgeable, ideologically balanced political figures in American politics. The same could not be said of Rick Perry, Herman Cain or Michele Bachmann.The untested, of course, are also unwounded. It is easier to appear qualified and dignified when you haven’t been stripped, prodded with sharp sticks and forced to perform tricks on dozens of debate stages.But there is more at work in this obvious stature gap. Part of the explanation is structural. Presidential candidates are largely self-selected, which favors ambition and self-regard above, well, all other traits. A vice presidential field results from a party’s consensus on talent and competence
- Backers See Huckabee Filling VP Niche- If Mitt Romney’s most pressing consideration in selecting a running mate is to find someone who can expand his appeal among independents or a critical demographic that remains up for grabs, several candidates would likely fit the bill better than Mike Huckabee.But if the former Massachusetts governor instead concludes that his right flank is not as secure as it needs to be, Huckabee may be among his best options.
- Scott Walker recall: Wisconsin governor keeps low profile before vote- With a slim lead in the polls and just a week to go until the June 5 recall election, Scott Walker isn’t taking any chances.The Wisconsin governor is running under the radar in an attempt to freeze the race where it stands and limit the chances of a momentum-shifting mistake.
- Saudis Demand Punishment for McDonald’s Toy They Say “Insults Muhammed”- Saudi Arabians are angry at a McDonald’s toy which they say mocks their prophet Muhammad. According to a report appearing today (5/27/12) on the Arabic news website, Kermalkom.com,the McDonald’s fast food restaurant “abused the Prophet Muhammad by placing his name at the base of a toy that is being distributed as part of the Happy Meal, a toy which steps on the name ‘Muhammad.’”The toy consists of a blue superhero figurine (apparently a Power Ranger Samurai; click here for pictures). It stands on one leg, and, when the lever is pressed, it pounds on the base with the other leg. According to the Saudis, the designs that appear all around the base, where the figurine stomps its foot, is really the name “Muhammad” written several times in circles.
- Somebody Tell Nina Totenberg Her Buddy Brett Kimberlin Is Making News Again -
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » Memorial Day 2012: They Did God’s Work – Memorial Day 2012: They Did God’s Work
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-28 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-28
- Untitled (http://getglue.com/Fullosseousflap/stickers/amc/the_killing_72_hours?s=ts&ref=Fullosseousflap) – I unlocked the The Killing: 72 Hours sticker on @GetGlue!
- Patterico’s Pontifications » BREAKING: Bogus Call Sends Police to Home of Kimberlin Critic Erick Erickson – RT @Patterico: BREAKING: Bogus call sends police to home of Brett Kimberlin critic Erick Erickson. #tcot
- SWATting the Ericksons | RedState- Last week we spent a lot of time writing about Brett Kimberlin and the incident involving blogger Patterico where someone spoofed his phone number and told 911 he had shot his wife.Tonight, my family was sitting around the kitchen table eating dinner when sheriffs deputies pulled up in the driveway.Someone called 911 from my address claiming there had been an accidental shooting.
It wasn’t nearly the trauma that Patterico suffered, but I guess the Erickson household is on somebody’s radar.
Luckily it was two sheriffs deputies who knew me and I had already, last week, advised the Sheriff’s Department to be on the look out for something like this.
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-27 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-27
- (500) https://foursquare.com/flap/checkin/4fc18aa7e4b07a4edd89d99b?s=gacXiPvZ_H4boM_zIzle2zNErEw&ref=tw – With Alice and rest of LA Roadrunners Run /Walk 5 (@ Golden Dragon)
- Gregory Flap @ Ronnie’s Diner – foursquare – At Ronnie’s Diner with Alice, Tara and Nancy. Way better than Morton’s Steakhouse who gave @LizMair grief!
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-26 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-26
- Who Is Brett Kimberlin? Part 1
- YouTube – Video: Who Is Brett Kimberlin? Part 1 #BrettKimberlin #tcot
- PICKET: Sen. Hatch – ‘No surprise’ Kimberlin is harassing conservative bloggers-Utah GOP’er had ‘run-ins’ with Kimberlin before – Washington Times – Sen. Hatch – ‘No surprise’ Kimberlin is harassing conservative bloggers-Utah GOP’er had ‘run-ins’ with Kimberlin before
- Live Stream – Wisconsin Recall Debate: Walker Vs. Barrett – RT @BreitbartFeed: Live Stream – Wisconsin Recall Debate: Walker Vs. Barrett #tcot #TeaParty
- Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day: The Aaron Walker Chapter – Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day: The Aaron Walker Chapter #BrettKimberlin #tcot
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: Federal Agents Arrest Two Dentists in Medicaid Fraud – Federal Agents Arrest Two Dentists in Medicaid Fraud
- Democratic Poll Also Shows Walker Ahead – Democratic Poll Also Shows Scott Walker in Wisconsin – Ahead 49-46% #tcot
- IMAO » Blog Archive » 10 Fun Facts About Brett Kimberlin – 10 Fun Facts About Brett Kimberlin #BrettKimberlin #tcot
- In U.S., Nearly Half Identify as Economically Conservative – In U.S., Nearly Half Identify as Economically Conservative, 38 percent say they are conservative on social issues #tcot
- N.Y. man admits to pouring bleach into children’s milk – CBS News – N.Y. man admits to pouring bleach into children’s milk
- State Department Introduces Arab Visitors to Convicted Bomber Brett Kimberlin – Come on now | State Department Introduces Arab Visitors to Convicted Bomber Brett Kimberlin #BrettKimberlin #tcot
- Obama stumbles out of the gate – Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei – POLITICO.com – Obama stumbles out of the gate #tcot
- Obama and His Pot-Smoking ‘Choom Gang’ – ABC News – Obama and His Pot-Smoking ‘Choom Gang’ #tcot
- RightOnline » Speakers – RT @AFPhq: JOIN @dloesch, @michellemalkin @secupp for this year’s @RightOnline! REGISTER today! #RO12 #tcot
- A User’s Guide To Smoking Pot With Barack Obama – A User’s Guide To Smoking Pot With Barack Obama #tcot
- Flapsblog Posts / Memorial Day…. – Memorial Day….
- Wilk is the one who’s qualified | www.simivalleyacorn.com | Simi Valley Acorn | www.simivalleyacorn.com | Simi Valley Acorn – Scott Wilk is the one who’s qualified in California Assembly Dsitrict 38 #catcot
- » A Brett Kimberlin situation “could happen to you” – Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – A Brett Kimberlin situation “could happen to you” #BrettKimberlin #tcot
- Mitt Romney’s Moment – WSJ.com – Peggy Noonan: Mitt Romney’s Moment
- 405 project months behind, Carmageddon II delayed – LA Observed – California FWY 405 project months behind, Carmageddon II delayed
- Capitol Alert: CA Senate passes bill protecting bicyclists – CA Senate passes bill protecting bicyclists
- What Did Barbra Streisand Know… – What Did Barbra Streisand @BarbraStreisand Know…And When Did She Know It? Re: Brett Kimberlin #tcot #BrettKimberlin
- (403) https://www.capitalresearch.org/2012/05/nonprofit-of-terrorist-bomber-received-tides-foundation-funding/ – Nonprofit of terrorist bomber, Brett Kimberlin received Tides Foundation funding why? #BrettKimberlin
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » The Afternoon Flap Featuring Brett Kimberlin: May 25, 2012 – The Afternoon Flap Featuring Brett Kimberlin: May 25, 2012
- Capitol Alert: CA Senate passes bill protecting social media passwords – CA Senate passes bill protecting social media passwords