Republican presidential hopefuls, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., right, participate in the Des Moines Register Republican Presidential Debate in Johnston, Iowa, Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2007.
Rudy Giuliani the leader in national GOP polling cemented his frontrunner status with a strong Iowa Debate performance today. Let’s see what others are saying:
- National Review Onlineâ€™s Rich Lowry: â€œRudy’s First Year: That would be a heck of a first year. But a very strong answer, and the Luntz dials went off the charts.â€
- The Atlanticâ€™s Marc Ambinder: â€œIs the debt a threat to our national security? â€¦ Giuliani talks specifics…numbers and facts…seems well-prepared for this question â€¦â€
- Townhall.comâ€™s Mary Katharine Ham: â€œRudy speaks very well about health care, sounds informed, and hits the American can-do refrains that conservatives love.â€
- Ham: â€œThose folks with Frank Luntzâ€™s people-meters love Rudy when he talks about health care â€¦â€
- American Spectatorâ€™s Jennifer Rubin: â€œRudy makes a hearty pitch for free trade and opening markets.â€
- The New York Timesâ€™ Katharine Q. Seelye: â€œ[Giuliani]â€™s using this debate so far to try to convey that heâ€™s the real conservative in the race.â€
The National Review Online Flacks (National Review endorsed Mitt Romney yesterday – cancel my subscription) are all running round saying that Slick Mitt won.
The American Spectator pundits are crying Fred Thompson.
Frank Luntz’s Iowa focus group on Fox News looked too young, too white, too simple and too small town Iowa (remembering California and New York have ten times the number of GOP delegates as Iowa). They were Romney trumpeters. Folks, Romney looked the same as all of the other debates – slick and polished. Did you watch ANY of them?
Nobody is singing Mike Huckabee’s praises. Did he dodge a bullet? Apparently….
So, what debate were these people watching?
When push comes to shove who is the candidate on stage that you want in the White House Situation Room when another crisis occurs?
Who on that stage is the leader that the American people can hold accountable for the direction of the country?
Slick Mitt Romney? Hardly.
Technorati Tags: Rudy Giuliani
Comments Off on Rudy Giuliani Watch: Strong Iowa Debate Performance Underscores Rudy as Frontrunner