These are my links for May 10th through May 14th:
- Three Different Ways to Look at the 2012 Campaign- Last week, I wrote about the standings in the presidential race and said it looked like a long, hard slog through about a dozen clearly identified target states, much like the contests in 2000 and 2004. Call it the 2000/2004 long, hard slog scenario.But I said there were other possible scenarios. I can think of three.
- California Deficit Swells to $16 Billion, Governor Says -
- Euro Officials Begin to Weigh Greek Exit as Euro Weakens -
- President Obama, the Auto Dealer Layoff King – By Jim Geraghty- The Obama campaign has decided that thisweek’s Bright Shiny Object TM will be the folks laid off while Mitt Romney was running Bain Capital.Because President Obama has never laid anyone off… oh, wait:
President Obama’s auto task force pressed General Motors and Chrysler to close scores of dealerships without adequately considering the jobs that would be lost or having a firm idea of the cost savings that would be achieved, an audit of the process has concluded.
- Mitt Romney’s mantra: Avoid John McCain’s mistakes- Mitt Romney and his top aides are building a strategy, partly by design and partly because of circumstance, around what they consider John McCain’s disastrously run campaign in 2008.The strategy: whatever McCain did, do the opposite.
- Obama Ad To Attack Romney On Bain Years- A new ad critical of Mitt Romney’s years as the leader of a private equity firm is set to air in five battleground states starting on Monday, according to The Associated Press.The ad is part of a larger effort by the Obama campaign to attack one of Romney’s strengths: his business career. In addition to the two-minute ad, a longer six-minute web video can be found on a new interactive website, romneyeconomics.com, that criticizes Romney’s record. The Obama campaign will also hold a press conference call later Monday announcing the effort.The two-minute television ad focuses on the fate of a steel mill in Kansas City, Mo., allowing laid off workers to tell their stories. “They made as much money off of it as they could. And they closed it down,” says Joe Soptic, a steelworker for 30 years, in the ad. Jack Cobb, another worker, adds: “It was like a vampire. They came in and sucked the life out of us.”
The ad will air in Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Colorado.
- Gregory Flap @ Ronnie’s Diner – foursquare – 8 miles are done = ready for Pasadena Half Marathon next Sunday. (@ Ronnie’s Diner)
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-13 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-13
- Gregory Flap @ Ronnie’s Diner – foursquare – With Alice, Tara and Bev after the Revlon run/walk. (@ Ronnie’s Diner w/ 3 others)
- Gregory Flap @ EIF Revlon Run Walk For Women LA – foursquare – With Alice, Tara, Nancy and Bev, walking to fight cancer (@ EIF Revlon Run Walk For Women LA w/ 79 others)
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-12 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-12
- Six in 10 Say Obama Same-Sex Marriage View Won’t Sway Vote – A majority of Americans, 60%, say President Barack Obama’s newly announced support for same-sex marriage will make no difference to their vote. Twice as many say it will make them less likely to vote for Obama as say more likely, though roughly half of the “less likely” group are Republicans who probably would not support Obama anyway.
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-11 – @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-05-11
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » CA-26: Democrats Continue to Pound Linda Parks – CA-26: Democrats Continue to Pound Linda Parks
- Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog » The Morning Flap: May 10, 2012 – The Morning Flap: May 10, 2012
- Gregory Flap @ Patsaouras Transit Plaza – Union Station – foursquare – Waiting to take Alice to her birthday office luncheon. (@ Patsaouras Transit Plaza – Union Station)
- Obama gay marriage support seen as world precedent – Yahoo! News – Obama gay marriage support seen as world precedent
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: The Morning Drill: May 10, 2012 – The Morning Drill: May 10, 2012