These are my links for May 31st from 10:08 to 12:43:
- Experts say cellphones are possibly carcinogenic – A respected international panel of experts says cellphones are possible cancer-causing agents, putting them in the same category as the pesticide DDT, gasoline engine exhaust and coffee.
The classification was issued Tuesday in Lyon, France, by the International Agency for Research on Cancer after a review of dozens of published studies. The agency is an arm of the World Health Organization and its assessment now goes to WHO and national health agencies for possible guidance on cellphone use.
Classifying agents as "possibly carcinogenic" doesn't mean they automatically cause cancer and some experts said the ruling shouldn't change people's cellphone habits.
"Anything is a possible carcinogen," said Donald Berry, a professor of biostatistics at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center at the University of Texas. He was not linked to the WHO cancer group. "This is not something I worry about and it will not in any way change how I use my cellphone," he said — from his cellphone.
Yeah just like coffee…..
- California Assembly votes to cancel fingerprinting for immigration status – Sacramento Politics – California Politics | Sacramento Bee – After a heated, partisan debate last week, the Assembly voted to cancel and then modify an agreement with the federal government under which arrestees' fingerprints are checked for their immigration status.
The author of Assembly Bill 1081, San Francisco Democrat Tom Ammiano, said the program, called Secure Communities, leads to racial profiling and results in deportation of illegal immigrants who may be innocent of crimes or have committed only minor offenses.
"S-Comm is a farce," Ammiano declared.
Democrats lined up behind Ammiano, while Republicans denounced his bill as one that would allow counties to become sanctuaries for illegal immigrant criminals.
California will continue to be a sanctuary state to illegal immigrants.
- Newt Gingrich’s Image Slides Among Republicans – Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich's Positive Intensity Score dropped to 6 in the two weeks spanning May 16-29, down from 11 for May 9-22. Gingrich's current Positive Intensity Score is his lowest to date, off from a score as high as 19 earlier this year, and among the lowest for any Republican candidate Gallup is tracking
- Dilbert May 17, 2011 – Confident Vs. Smart | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Dilbert May 17, 2011 – Confident Vs. Smart #tcot #catcot
- Poll Watch: 61% Favor State Legislation Shutting Down Businesses Who Chronically Hire Illegal Immigrants | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Poll Watch: 61% Favor State Legislation Shutting Down Businesses Who Chronically Hire Illegal Immigrants #tcot #catcot
- Flap’s Links and Comments for May 31st on 09:43 | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Flap’s Links and Comments for May 31st on 09:43 #tcot #catcot
- Palin’s Bus Destinations: The MSM Isn’t Cleared for That Information – By Jim Geraghty – The Campaign Spot – National Review Online – Palin’s Bus Destinations: The MSM Isn’t Cleared for That Information
- Economists Downgrade Prospects for Growth – Economists Downgrade Prospects for Growth
- SarahPAC – Sarah Palin’s Official PAC – Sarah Palin: The Call at Gettysburg