These are my links for September 19th from 08:25 to 14:27:
- It’s Politics: Assemblyman Donnelly braves ‘Daily Show’ – Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Hesperia, bravely welcomed John Oliver and crew from "The Daily Show" to his office Wednesday to talk direct democracy, taxes and, for perhaps the first time, only a little immigration.
"They're very interested in direct democracy," Donnelly said. "Obviously with the governor saying he will sign the DREAM Act, I plan to referend (sic) it. So that plus my focus on the Amazon tax attracted their attention."
Donnelly acknowledged he's never seen the show before and so perhaps is unprepared for what Oliver and the editors plan to do to him in post production, but he wanted to get his message out.
"People say why in the world would you go on a comedy show where they make fun of you and try to make you look stupid?" Donnelly asked. "We always hear people talking about `we need to go after the youth vote, we need to get our message out…' They have 14 million viewers. I think there's some things that (despite) the comedy, sometimes the message gets through," Donnelly said.
And that message?
"That people are absolutely sick and tired of illegal taxes. The Amazon tax is illegal. And the fire tax is illegal and unconstitutional, according to California's constitution. And here in California they cry the blues and say we don't have any money, but somehow we came up with $40 million to pay for people here illegally to go to college."
- (500) http://flapsblog.com/2011/09/19/president-2012-left-vows-to-challenge-president-obama-in-democratic-party-primary-elections/ – Relax folks it is only Ralph Nader…..:
- Solyndra Loan: Felony Dumb – Democrats at last week’s hearing accused Republicans of being “science-deniers” attempting to exploit Solyndra’s failure in order to discredit the entire “green” industry. But in Bilbray’s case especially, those claims couldn’t be any more off-base. As a self-professed supporter of solar energy who thinks tapping Steven Chu for secretary of energy was “probably one of the best choices this president has made,” Bilbray is not the Republican caricature the other side likes to portray. In fact, Bilbray shares Democrats’ concerns that the Solyndra debacle could end up setting back the solar industry, though for slightly different reasons.
At this point, Bilbray remains unconvinced that the Solyndra case involves “conscious corruption” on the part of the administration. “I see it as being a much deeper problem,” he says. “And that is a naivety of approaching science as if it’s a theology — green technology is all good, it’s all going to be great and it’s all going to make money. It’s this blind faith that green technology, no matter what it is, is going to be a boon, that is the greatest threat for future solar.”
It is eerily reminiscent, he adds, of the zealous frenzy in the past over alternative fuels like ethanol. “Now everybody except the people who have sold their souls knows what a disaster that has been,” he says. So while the administration may not have committed an actual crime with respect to its involvement with Solyndra, they certainly made some appalling decisions. “They were felony dumb,” Bilbray says. “What scares me is, how many other projects are being pushed by a political perception that it is good for politics and that it will always work out?”
Read it all
- Dilbert September 19, 2011 – Genius » Flap’s California Blog – Dilbert September 19, 2011 – Genius
- President 2012 Pennsylvania Poll Watch: Obama 50% Vs. Romney 40% and Obama 52% Vs. Perry 37% | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – President Obama up in Pennsylvania polling.:
- Flap’s Dentistry Blog: Marathon Training Does Not Always Mean Losing Weight – Marathon Training Does Not Always Mean Losing Weight
- President 2012: Mitch Daniels Calls for a More Honest Debate | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – President 2012: Mitch Daniels Calls for a More Honest Debate #tcot #catcot
- The Deadly Link Between High Dietary Salt Intake and Obesity | Smiles For A Lifetime – Temporary (Locum Tenens) Dentistry – The Deadly Link Between High Dietary Salt Intake and Obesity
- Hats Off to the House GOP on NLRB Vote – By Larry Kudlow – Kudlow’s Money Politics – National Review Online – Hats Off to the House GOP on NLRB Vote – By Larry Kudlow
- Flap’s Links and Comments for September 15th through September 19th | Flap’s Blog – FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – Flap’s Links and Comments for September 15th through September 19th #tcot #catcot