PHOTO CREDIT: 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 34th Infantry Division
Reuters: Kerry makes direct apology to troops
Democratic Sen. John Kerry apologized directly to U.S. troops on Wednesday for comments about Iraq that had prompted a firestorm of criticism from Republicans and President George W. Bush.
“I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform and I personally apologize to any service member, family member or American who was offended,” Kerry said in a statement.
Kerry said earlier in the day he was sorry for a “botched joke” about Bush that was interpreted as a slam on the U.S. military. Republicans demanded a more direct apology and seized on Kerry’s comments to students as a sign of Democratic weakness on national security.
About damn time…….
As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.
I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.
It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I donâ€™t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.
The White House statement:
Sen Kerryâ€™s apology to the troops for his insulting comments came late, but it was the right thing to do. Our military is the best and the brightest, the most courageous and professional or an military in the world and the President is honored to be their Commander-in-Chief
Was this really an apology?
Not really……more of – “well the DNC made me do it and it is right before an election – so……”
Others not accepting this statement as an apology:
- Leaning Straight Up
- â€œ7.62mm Justiceâ€ Â» Kerry Apologizes, Sort Ofâ€¦
- Stop The ACLU
- Bill’s Bites
- snapped shot
- The Political Pit Bull
- LeatherPenguin Â» Kerry Gets Kicked in the Can
- Michelle Malkin
- Inoperable Terran Â» â€œIâ€™m sorry youâ€™re too stupid to understand my Bush jokeâ€
- Bizzyblog Â» The Apology: This Doesnâ€™t Cut It
- The Captain’s Journal
- Kerry Apologizes to Democrats for Republicans not getting Bush Joke. Â» StuntShack.com
- Random Thoughts Of Yet Another Military Member Â» Blog Archive Â» Apology Not Accepted
- Texas Rainmaker Â» John Kerry Calls American Military Dumb and Lazy
- Java Zen:Thinking Out Loud
- Ed Driscoll.com
- Fore Left!
- Shut The Hell Up! For Godâ€™s Sake Have You No Shame? Â« Ironic Surrealism
- Right Wing Nut House Â» APOLOGY ACCEPTED. LETâ€™S MOVE ON
- Wake up America