US Senate candidate Carly Fiorina talking with David Brody, Christian broadcast News
This is what Carly Fiorina has called her opponent Tom Campbell and she is correct. Here is the transcript:
Carly Fiorina: â€œTom Campbellâ€™s wrong on the issues. Heâ€™s wrong first and foremost on the issues of taxes. He is the architect of Californiaâ€™s 2005 budget which created structural deficits for the state for many years to come in good times and in bad. He believes the way to close the California budget is to increase the gasoline tax by 32 cents a gallon. He has voted against tax cuts as a member of Congress. He has votes for sales tax increases, Internet taxes, gasoline taxes going back as far as the late 80â€™s. This is a guy who is wrong on taxes, heâ€™s wrong on the growth of government and those issues matter tremendously not just to Republican primary voters but to the voters of California.
Carly Fiorina: â€œI am a fiscal conservative and he is not. Certainly I am a pro-life candidate. He is a pro-choice candidate. In fact if you look at some of his positions, I would characterize him as Barbara Boxer light only he wouldn’t have the seniority and he wouldn’t have the power.”
Carly should have just called Tom Campbell a RINO (Republican in Name Only) and be done with it. There will be little difference between Boxer and Campbell if he is nominated to face off with Babs in November.
Former Congressman Tom Campbell and U.S. Senate candidate
Well, Tom Campbell has cancelled all television and radio ad buys
for this week.
Ex-Rep. Tom Campbell (R) is cutting back on TV advertising, switching strategies as some opponents wonder whether Campbell’s surprisingly strong campaign is running low on funds.
Campbell will not be on TV this coming week. And he has cut his ad buys for the final 2 weeks of the campaign significantly, according to sources who watch campaign ad spending; data shows Campbell has purchased $286K in ads over the last 2 weeks, less than the $393K he had previously reserved.
Instead, Campbell’s campaign will send an oversized mailer to 1.1M voters this week, according to his campaign.
From the Carly Fiorina campaign via e-mail:
Over here at Team Carly, while we are watching our ads on the airwaves increase in frequency, reports over the last couple of days confirm that Tom Campbell has canceled his television AND his radio time – all of it – for this week.
The Campbell camp is exhaling a lot of hot air as they struggle to come up with any good reason for why, but we sure have been amused by the excuses so far:
1. Campbell is going to move numbers with that larger-than-life photo of himself that he’s mailing Republicans. Newsflash, we too are sending mail to Republicans statewide…and it may or may not include a photo of Tom as well.
2. TV won’t break through because of the Steve-Meg slugfest. True, Tom’s less than $100,000 buy for this week really would not have been competition for Steve and Meg.
3. They are husbanding resources for an ad blitz in the final few weeks. Could be, but it seems if that were true, they would have reserved more than $200,000 in time over the final two weeks of the primary campaign.
4. They are ahead and are therefore holding resources for the general. Sounds like a bold move when more than one-third of voters are undecided in the primary.
5. Carly has bought $2.2 million in TV and has not moved in the polls. First, the majority of our ad buy has yet to air and more importantly, the polling out there on the primary race does not account for the time we have been on the air. But nice try on that one, Team Campbell.
6. And finally, my personal favorite: Tom is ahead in the polls so they don’t need to spend as much on TV. We really hope they believe their own spin there – because if they do, they certainly are not looking at the same polling we are!
Let’s be honest here. Tom would be on TV and radio if he had the money.
And, while Tom keeps inventing excuses, Carly keeps getting more endorsements. Today, she is in Orange County (in AD 70 to be precise) picking up the endorsements of a slew of local elected officials and prominent business organizations including Orange County Supervisor Bill Campbell, the Orange County Business Council and the Hispanic 100. She has a full public schedule the remainder of the week. Meanwhile, our statewide network of volunteers made thousands of calls to Republican voters over the weekend and will be phone banking daily between now and June 8.
Even the LEFT is able to put 2 and 2 together:
Campbellâ€™s advisors are trying to spin this as a super-sneaky strategy to conserve funds, banking on the fact that Californiaâ€™s two billionaire Republican gubernatorial candidates, Meg Whitman and Steve Poizner, will crowd everyone out on television anyway. And maybe thereâ€™s a little truth to that. But far more likely is the fact that Campbell has run out of money. Heâ€™s never been a good fundraiser, having been chased out of the Governorâ€™s race for just that reason…
I surmise that Tom Campbell is running on empty and is saving whatever resources he has left to guard against a negative barrage from Carly Fiorina.
And, it will more than likely come and very soon.
I have highlighted in bold above the margin of error in which all of the GOP candidate are within. Let’s look at the other candidate’s charts:
Now, Tom Campbell:
The campaigns and some pundits have been trying to spin this poll result as a “surge” for Chuck DeVore.
Look at the poll trends above and only Carly Fiorina has an upward graph trend. But, all of the results are within the margin of error anyway.
The only conclusion to be drawn here is that Senator Barbara Boxer is in trouble.